Did you know outdoor adventure is good for your health?
In this age of technology there is no denying our lifestyles have become more sedentary. Whether you Christmas shop from amazon prime, Netflix from your couch, bank online, or work from home, there’s no doubt technology has provided us with more access, while simultaneously requiring less day-to-day physical activity.
The science is clear. A sedentary lifestyle is unhealthy and creates conditions ripe for disease and dulls our mental sharpness. Living an active lifestyle is imperative at all ages in maintaining our quality of life.
The Department of Health and Human Services recommends a healthy adult lifestyle should include 150 minutes of moderate aerobic and 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity per week. While there are many activities that can be built into our daily life style that can help us maintain healthy activity levels, it is important to plan for and commit to routines that can help us maintain our targeted activity levels.
Tips to living an active lifestyle
- Plan activity into your daily routine– Whether its a walk around the block, an evening spent raking leaves, or an afternoon spent cleaning out the garage physical activity should be planned for and built into our daily routines.
- Schedule monthly events and outings with friends and family– Find ways to add fun and adventure to your planned physical activities. Schedule planned adventures or outdoor events with your friends and family that can engage in activities at the same physical level as you.
- Join groups – Whether you are an active young adult or an active senior citizen actively seek out groups of other people who have similar interests and activity level abilities as you to build in regular physical activity with others.
- Limit media consumption – Let’s be honest… no matter who you are, we could all probably benefit from a “media” diet. Reduce the amount of digital media you consume on a monthly basis, and find ways to replace it with activities that require you to get off the couch and get moving!
- Reduce stress – Make a list. What are you top 3 stressors in life? Finances? Health? Relationships? Find ways to minimize those stressors in your life and reduce the amount of time you spend worrying about those stressors and instead focus on strategically building a purposeful and active lifestyle.
- Live a simple life– Find ways to live simply. Lower your financial expenses, your food consumption, reduce complicated and unfulfilling relationships from your life and focus on a simple and active lifestyle towards increased happiness and improved health.
- Monitor food quality and serving size– Fuel your body with food that feeds a healthy lifestyle. Minimize the quantity of food you consume.
- Find ways to keep active by yourself– Be sure to find ways to be active by yourself. Make sure your active lifestyle routine is not dependent upon other people’s activity levels.
- Develop an active hobby – Find activities and hobbies that get you off the couch. Grow a garden, rehab old furniture, join a team. Get up and get out of the house for your favorite hobby!
- Develop traditions with loved ones – Develop active lifestyle traditions with your friends and families. Plan annual vacations, family scavenger hunts, wiffleball tournaments, or other activities that help your group get active!
Plan your next Outdoor Adventure @NOA www.norrisoutdooradventure.com Contact us today to reserve your Summer 2020 lake season adventure! email@example.com (309)922-7955